Welcome to kindergarten at Hopkins Public Schools! We encourage young learners to pursue their interests, find their purpose, and discover their talents.
In Hopkins, our scholars are at the center of everything we do. When students feel heard, seen, and valued, they can do their very best work — that's why love is one of our core values.
We are excited to partner with you and your upcoming kindergartner. We invite you to a series of year-before-kindergarten events designed to help your family get to know your school community and learn more about our kindergarten program — which is centered around your child's academic, social, and emotional success.
We welcome you to enroll your child in Hopkins kindergarten!
Our kindergarten options:
- All-day kindergarten with Spanish curriculum at 6 elementary schools in Golden Valley, Hopkins, and Minnetonka.
- Chinese immersion kindergarten located at Eisenhower Elementary.
- Spanish immersion kindergarten located at Eisenhower and Alice Smith Elementary schools.
- Outdoor Immersion kindergarten at Gatewood Elementary
Questions? Our enrollment specialists are ready to help:
Hours: 8 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Eisenhower Community Center
1001 Highway 7, Hopkins
For questions about kindergarten curriculum, contact our Innovation, Design and Learning team:
- Video: Explore Hopkins Kindergarten Anytime!
- Virtual Kindergarten Information Sessions: Nov. 3-19, 2021
- Chinese and Spanish Immersion Kindergarten Information
- Kindergarten Roundup Events: Feb. 28-Mar. 11, 2022
- Kindergarten Bridge Events: Explore the Rooms! May 2022
- Kindergarten Playground Nights: August 2022